Subject: FW: Follow-up PWD and ViDA
From: "MKM info"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:01:44 +0300

From: Aurélien Pozzana <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2023 9:10 PM
To: Sandra Särav <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Henri Arras <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Follow-up PWD and ViDA

Hi Sandra,

A quick update to let you know that JK's meetings with both the Minister of 
Economy and the Minister of Finance went well.

To follow up on these meetings, you will find attached:

1- Platform Work Directive

- a draft letter we hope the Estonian Government could sign and encourage 
other "allied" Member States to so as well, with the aim of asking the 
Spanish Presidency to stick to the agreement adopted in June within the 
Council

- a doc for you which explains where the negotiations stand and the related 
issues

2- ViDA (VAT in the Digital Age) package

- a position paper from Bolt highlighting why the deemed supplier provision 
would lead to discrimination against digital platforms, especially in the 
Estonian context where two thirds of the drivers are under the national VAT 
threshold

- suggested amendments which we strongly hope Estonia could table in the 
next discussions within the Council

Let me know if you wish to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Aurélien

Aurélien Pozzana

Senior Head of Public Policy | Western Europe & EU

(+33) 6 23 87 24 62

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

blog.bolt.eu <http://blog.bolt.eu>

 <https://bolt.eu/>